The programme has been updated (08 July 2021).
Online programme with manuscripts now available on the virtual conference platform for the conference participants.
Welcome to the ICP2020 conference!
It is a great honor for us at the University of Turku to organize the anniversary XXX International Conference on Polyphenols. We would have loved to welcome you all to the lovely city of Turku, to show you the Finnish nature and culture together with the exciting polyphenol science during the conference!
However, in this current situation we need to put everybody’s safety and health first, and to build a memorable and functional ICP conference on a virtual platform. We are confident that together with all of you, we can have great three days full of inspiring talks and discussion. The conference platform will stay open for two weeks after the conference. This way you can watch all presentations even later, at the time most suitable to you.
We wish you all a pleasant ICP2020 experience, although we do live the year 2021. Please use the conference platform for lively discussion and chat of anything polyphenol related. The six virtual coffee rooms are available for you to meet with the old and new polyphenol colleagues. You all make the conference! Let’s make this one functional and memorable together!
Prof. Juha-Pekka Salminen
President of the Local Organizing Committee
Leader of the Natural Chemistry Research Group
University of Turku, Turku, Finland
ICP2020 will be organized in 13-15 July 2021
After careful consideration together with the international Board of Groupe Polyphénols, we have come to the conclusion that we will organize the ICP2020 as a fully virtual conference in July 2021. We need to put everybody’s safety and health first, and we do have nowadays exciting possibilities to make virtual conferences very memorable and functional events. In fact, with a well-functioning virtual conference, we have the possibility to attract more scientists to the wonderful world of polyphenols.
Virtual conference platform, the place for networking and engagement
The virtual ICP2020TURKU conference will take place on a versatile virtual platform called Howspace. It is an Al-powered digital collaboration tool, known for its ease of use, flexibility, and security. The social media like environment makes it easy and engaging for attendees to work and reflect together!
The platform offers you different networking possibilities: you can chat with other attendees in different chat rooms or meet in digital coffee rooms.
The platform works both on desktop and mobile. You will get access to the platform a few days before the conference and the platform stays open for 2 weeks after the conference.
You can follow the programme as a live proadcast from the platform in the programme rooms. Other rooms include ePoster rooms and Exhibition rooms.
The parallel sessions take place in ZOOM. Links to Zoom will be found on the platform.
General technical instructions for participants
- Functional Internet connection is essential in virtual events!
- We recommend that you close all other applications on your computer to make sure the full capacity of your Internet connection is available.
- Browser: the latest version of Chrome is recommended for the best experience.
- Sound: Headphones are the best way to participate in virtual events. If you participate in a conversation, preferably use headphones with their own microphone.
How to use Zoom
Zoom is used in the parallel sessions. The Zoom links will be found on the virtual platform.
- Make sure well in advance that your devices and internet connection are compatible with Zoom: https://zoom.us/test
- Use the same setup and connection at the actual live event.
- If you have not previously used Zoom, please download and install the program when prompted to do so.
- If you are facing technical difficulties during the event, please send a chat message to helpdesk chat on the virtual conference platform for assistance, or while in Zoom, ask in the Zoom chat.
Follow updates in Instagram and Twitter